Samsung Electronics has just announced the Galaxy Camera 2, a successor to the Galaxy Camera which combines the quality imaging of a high end camera with sharing capabilities and an intuitive design to match the most up-to-date smartphones. With its lightweight, retro design, the Galaxy Camera 2 is the ideal option for photographers who do not want to sacrifice style for technology.
Other than that, it comes with Samsung’s own photo and video apps and features, such as 28 Smart Modes (one of which is the new Selfie Alarm, which I think would be used often) and a Multi Motion Video feature that would enable you to set the speed at which the video can be recorded. The higher battery capacity is a Godsend, since stamina is one of the caveats of its predecessor. Samsung didn’t state what kind of processor it’s using but I’m willing to bet it’s an Exynos.
Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 Specs
- 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS with OIS
- 21x Optical Zoom Lens, 23 mm Wide Angle, F2.8(W) ~ 5.9(T)
- 4.8″ (121.2mm), HD Super Clear Touch LCD Screen
- ISO 100-3200
- 1.6 GHz Quad-Core
- 2.0 GB of RAM, 8GB ROM, expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC
- JPEG format, Full HD videos (AVI, MP4/3GP, WMV, FLV, MKV, WEBM)
- Built-in Pop-up Xenon Flash
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz
- 2000mAh battery
- 132.5 x 71.2 x 19.3 mm, 283g
(source : http://gadgets.ndtv.com )